Maryland ChapterUBE meeting October 21st, 2017
• Lively conversation about upcoming events
• Calendar for the year solidified
• Details discussed re: preparing for Membership Tea to be held Nov. 19th
• All members were encouraged to become Life Members of UBE.
• Media/Publicity committee off to a good start. Among the new endeavors is commitment by senior leadership to make greater use of Facebook. We will also begin to post “A Moment in History” on our website to live into our charge to educate the wider community about the contributions African Americans have made.
• Budget committee submitted draft budget
• Fundraising committee – Major fund raising event is June 17th Arena Players performance of “Ain’t Misbehaving” 100 tickets held. Each UBE member to sell at least 5, preferably 10 at $25 each. We’ll put it on our website with a Paypal “buy” button for tickets.
• Program committee- working on Absalom Jones, gave update on renaming Chapter.
• Introduction of Emotional Emancipation Circles. Further info to come.
Next meeting Dec. 19th, 2017